Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Shits and giggles

I have spent the last 2 days in the kitchen getting ready for the big day. I baked 7 dozen yeast rolls, made 3 different kinds of pies, the stuffing is ready for the oven and sweet potatoes are ready. Washed up the china, the wine glasses and set the table. All I have to do tomorrow is pop the ole boy (Tom) in the oven, make the mashed potatoes, gravy and warm up some other foods.
After we clean up from stuffing our selves we will open Christmas presents. Later, about 6:30 we will have ham and other goodies to snack on. Then I will probably collapse! This is the first I have really sat down all day. My legs hurt, my back hurts...well I just hurt.

After my shower tonight I got on the scale. Just for shits and giggles. Wow, I lost 5 pounds. I looked all over and I just can not find them! I hope I lost them for good. :>) This past August I refused to do my weekly weights because it was so depressing to see nothing happen. Then, one day, I got couragous and stepped on the evil scale... low and behold.. I lost 18 pounds! It has been a slow battle but, don't you worry, tomorrow the food will win again! For those who do not know why I have this battle... I quit smoking about _ _ pounds ago! I knew I would gain weight but come on...it can stop now. Once we get in the south-south west I can do more walking and jogging. I have been walking here but we now have snow and some icy spots, so, no jogging.
Happy Thanksgiving! Don't gobble to much! (ya, right)
Stay well, be happy and smile!
Toodles

No comments: