Friday, November 21, 2008

5 BELOW!!!

Yup, you read the title right. Tonight's low temp is going to be minus 5! It is cold outside, baby! I went for my walk this afternoon and thought my ears were going to fall off. I had put on a neck scarf along with my other winter garb, but no hat. Geez, walking west, I thought I was going to freeze to death. I only managed half of my usual walk. In 2 weeks we should be out of here and heading into warmer weather.
It has been quite here otherwise. I have gone to lunch again this week with a few friends to say "good-bye" for the winter. It is always hard to tell them good bye, but, at the same time I am thinking" I'M going where it is warm!" Brat, that is what I am!
I have been baking cookies but, Mel keeps eating them up. I am trying to get them done so I can give some to the kids and our neighbor. Oh well, I will just keep baking for a few more days. Next Tuesday I will start baking pies for Thanksgiving. Wednesday will get my sweet potatoes and salads going, along with the rolls. Thursday morning throw in the turkey and we are all set. Sounds so easy when I say it like that. If only it was!
Well I guess I better go put on my winter woolies to sleep in.
Stay well, be happy and smile!
Toodles

No comments: