Friday, January 16, 2009

Life goes on!

It seems so boring around here now that we are repaired. With nothing to worry about I had go and do laundry. I had quite a bit to do. I am not sure how we had so much already. I think someone else added to it. I got it all done including the rugs. Took 2 1/2 hours but then I had nothing else to do.
When I got back Mel was at the neighbors. A gathering of the minds! Looked like a union meeting going on! The gathering was by Roger and Delores' trailer. Delores brought out King Cake for everyone. King Cake is a big thing here during Mardi Gras. It is like a cinnamon bread only in an oval and is filled with cream cheese or a pudding. A baby is baked inside. A little plastic baby doll. Whoever gets the baby has to buy the next King Cake and host the party. Both King Cakes we have partaken in had the baby on the outside of the cake. We think that may be for liability reasons. Someone could choke on that baby doll. The cake has a heavy glaze on it and then colored sugar. The sugar is almost as thick as the glaze. You would surely have sugar fix if you have a piece. I scrape most of the glaze and sugar off. We have not gone into New Orleans for any Mardi Gras events yet. I really don't think we will. We have events going on around this area also. Every weekend many different "balls" are going on all around New Orleans and the area. I was told a woman never wears the same gown twice to a ball during Madri Gras. Each "ball" she wears a NEW gown. How come a man can wear the same tux but a woman has to wear a new gown? Now I know why I see so many Gown Shops here.
After our visit and King Cake I drove to Slidell with Sandy. Sandy and her husband Dave are the hosts on the other side of the campground. We went over to go to Hancock Fabrics. She had been wanting to go for a while but didn't know where it was. I had seen it on a couple of our trips to and through Slidell. I took her and she was so happy. She wanted to get fabric to make fleece throw blankets. The kind that does not need to be sewn. You just cut and tie. I have seen them but never made one so I got some fabric also. Sandy and I will make throws.
Sandy and Dave will leave here the end of the month for Port Aransas Texas. We are going to go with them. They camp on the beach. This will be a new adventure for us and we are looking forward to it.
We got back in time for CSI. Grissom's last show. I think he made the whole show. It will be interesting to see how the show goes without him.
We were in bed by 9:45!
Stay well, be Happy and smile!
Toodles

No comments: