Saturday, June 6, 2009

Stress test

Gosh, I must be busy! It has been a long time since I wrote and so much has happened.
Mel had his pre-op and the next morning the phone was a ringing. Seems his EKG had some glitches in it and the doctors all went crazy. They canceled the surgery and he had an emergency stress test that afternoon. The doctor told me to make sure I went along. Hmmm, I know this routine. I have had friends and family that had that call. During the stress test things go bad and away to the hospital they go. Well, we fooled them.... He did the stress test, although he only made through a little over 2 minutes. We saw the cardiologist after. He was surprised to hear that the surgery was canceled but would not have results till late afternoon. He would call and let us know. The call came and his test was normal. Now if you know Mel I know you are saying WHAT? Well it was normal. Wednesday Mel was on the phone all morning getting his surgery back on the schedule for Thursday. He got it done! Surgery went well, but boy was he a crab that night. I was glad he staying at the hospital. I went up early the next morning. About 11:00 they decided to keep him another night because he had to much blood in his urine. That was the longest day. It seemed to go on forever. He did come home on Saturday and all has been good with the procedure.
This past week we got more calls from doctors. One about those glitches in his EKG. They want to do another test to make sure he has not had a heart attack in the past. His chest x-ray also became a concern. He has chronic pulmonary disease, due to his smoking. Hasn't made him stop yet...darn! The x-ray also showed that his thyroid is pushing into his wind pipe. He had an ultrasound on Thursday and we will see the doc on Monday afternoon. Mel thinks they are out to get him.
I have been staying busy just working around the house. Between housework, laundry, yard work, the flower gardens and cooking I am beat. I spent 12 hours in the yard yesterday just mowing and mowing , oh and mowing, weed whacking, working in my flower beds and finished planting. I ached so bad I could not sleep. Today I got caught up on all the paperwork. It had been 4 months since I did any. Lazy! Now we are up to date and we still have some money left.
Tomorrow I want to just relax but I will probably get into something. It is rainy and cool.. maybe I will bake bread and some other goodies for us. A pot of chili to warm us up!
Stay well ,be happy and smile!

All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...