Saturday, April 18, 2009

All Work and No Play

Being home is wonderful but.... the work is killing me!
It all started with unloading the coach. Not bad. I got it done in about 4 hours. We didn't need to unload freezable items, such as, shampoo, body wash, window cleaner,etc., so it was not to bad. Now that it was unloaded.. the house was a disaster! I had everything piled everywhere. Every room had a pile of something in it. That took another day just to sort and put stuff away.
I couldn't believe how dusty the house was. It was never this dusty when John lived here in the winter, and he didn't clean the main level. I started cleaning and decided to get spring cleaning done while I was at it. I have been washing woodwork, polishing woodwork, washing windows, edge cleaning and moving furniture. When John moved out last fall and took his cat I didn't get to moving the furniture and vacuuming. I now have enough fur for 6 cats in my vacuum! That cat should be bald! That's a creepy thought! As of today all I have left to do is my kitchen. Clean and wipe put cupboards, wash down cabinets and polish and do the floor. When we bought this house we did not like the kitchen flooring and Mel said we would put in laminate. Well, 3 years later and I still do not see any laminate. So I am going to to do the Armstrong heavy duty cleaning of no wax floors. That involves a stripper and then applying the polish. It is a very time consuming job. I did it at the house we rented after the fire. That kitchen was a quarter of the size we have now and it took me almost 4 hours to do that one. I am planning on a whole day for this one. I was going to do it last year but with a cat in the house that just didn't work out. So now, no cat and I will get it done.
Today we have 2 young guys here cleaning up our yard. One is 17 and the other is 20. They passed flyer's around the neighborhood. We decided to give them a try. So far , they are doing a great job.
We have not done anything real exciting since coming home. We had a wonderful Easter with our son. Way to much to eat! Lois and I went to Steven Point one day to shop the greenhouses. I got a few plants and some trays for my starter seeds.
Mel has been busy working on the coach. Our recovery tank sprung a leak on the way home. He removed it and got another one. He is making a new way for it to mount. He will be working on that for a while.
Once the work is all done around here we can play! Till then..
Stay well, be happy and smile!
Toodles

Happiness is good health and a bad memory!

No comments: